Health News and Nature's Sunshine Product Specials. What's ON SALE?
• Everyday wholesale prices (30-45% off retail)
• Fast shipping from four (4) warehouses (OH, GA, TX and UT)

Before you go ... choose a "Stay in Touch" option on the left.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Microwave Popcorn Toxic?

Some doctors and consumer groups have been concerned that a chemical used to give microwave popcorn its tasty butter flavor may pose a serious health hazard.

The chemical is called diacetyl, and it's used in the production of microwave popcorn, but it has also likely led to scores of factory workers developing a severe lung condition known by the medical name bronchiolitis obliterans.

The condition is caused by inhalation of diacetyl fumes, which cause scarring in the lungs. Sufferers of popcorn lung have difficulty exhaling, and when severe, the condition can be fatal.

Read the entire article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get follow-up comments or answers to your questions by adding your email address below.